Neo Catechumen
Question from Kristin Thayer on 7/31/2002:

I recently saw a group of people (at World Youth Day)wearning shirts and holding a banner entitled 'Neo Catechumen'. Previous to this I have never heard of 'Neo Catechumen' and have no idea what it is. Just the other day some friends attended a Neo Catechumen mass where the people were given the hosts in their hands before they were consecrated. Only after the people were given the hosts did the consecration occur. Is this okay to do and what is 'Neo Catechumen'?

Answer by Bill Bilton on 7/31/2002:

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/sbenigni/--this web site will provide you with detailed information which I think you will find very helpful.