Very God of Very God
Question from bill cox on 10/18/2012:

I reciently aquired a pocket prayer book for Orthdox Christians and in tring to use it as a daily prayer book the wording and prayers are worded differently, I'm interested in the saying "Very God of Very God", I can't locate it in the Catechism of the Catholic Church, would this be in a earlier issue, and can you tell me what the meaning is. thank you.

This is simply a language preference changing over time. The word "very" comes from the Latin verus meaning "true" but modern English prefers use of the word "true." Both are intended to render the original words of the Nicene Creed in which it is contained.

Thanks, Bill