Being in the Proximity of Tarot Card Reading
Question from Anonymous on 10/30/2012:

Father:

I sometimes perform music at a local coffehouse and most of the time, there's a man who reads tarot cards off in one of the corners of the place. I know that to participate in such in gravely sinful and it's presence doesn't tempt me in the least. So, providing there is no participation on my part (and of course I have no control over it happneing), no discernable way I would be contributing in terms of scandal, and no occasion of sin, it would seem to be I would be on safe ground to continue to perform. Do yu agree?

I am inclined to agree. Your presence probably does not even constitute material cooperation.

Fr Echert