Anger towards God
Question from Dan on 11/30/2013:

How is it that if God is so loving that you try so hard to do His will it seems it's never enough. I feel that He is like a spoiled person requiring you to do something and no matter how hard you try you can't please Him. I have worked so hard all of my life to stay healthy but now I have two major illnesses that I never expected to have. where is this loving Person at?

Dear Dan,

Yes, we all have the temptation to get angry at God. When things are going good, we often forget about him, attributing our good times to our own efforts. But when troubles come we do remember God more but only to resent him for being unfair to us. We have worked so hard to be healthy and what does God do in answer? He puts major illnesses on our back. But did not God in the person of Christ allow himself to be crucified? Did Christ resent his suffering and rebel. I used to give the wise guy's answer that Christ could easily make this sacrifice because he after all was God and I was only a man. But that's a wise guys response, isn't it? I suggest to look at the crucifix and think about it.