All are saved ?
Question from Olaf Berg on 8/23/2012:

DR.GERAGHTY,

I recently ran across a book by Hans Urs von Balthasar, "Dare We Hope That All Men Be Saved? With a Short Discourse on Hell" in which he defends his reason for saying yes we can hope it. He was a Jesuit priest who died 3 days before being elevated to the rank of Cardinal. He is considered to be among the most lastingly significant catholic theologians of the twentieth century. So with all loving respect I ask you how can you deny the possibility that all who want to be saved will not be saved? Are you not in fact putting limitations on our Omnipotent GOD !!!

Olaf

Dear Olaf,

God certainly wants everyone to be saved.That's why he gives everyone sufficient grace to be saved. But we know for a truth that the devil does not wish to be saved. By that truth there is a hell filled with the demons, the fallen angels. It certain does not seem to be stretching the point to hold that human beings are also in hell. The Hail Mary goes: "Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death." Isn't it good to keep in mind that we could go to hell because of not repenting for our sins? Let God, who love his creatures infinitely more than anyone else, handle this problem.