"Qualitative Research" with a relative/feminist twist
Question from DD on 5/5/2014:

I am a Roman Catholic with a firm faith. I am taking a Qualitative Research Class at a University. I read the first chapter which is supposed to define "Q A" but is confusing with many different definitions, most vague with a relative/ feminist twist. What is the Catholic method for Qualitative Research? My text is "Q Research", by Sharan B. Merriam.

Can you recommend resources? thank you, DD

Dear DD,

I am not familiar with your field. But you do well to pay attention to the definitions in the first chapter. The notion of what a man or a woman is, what marriage is, what sexual activity is-- all these are very important in deterring the quality of your reattach. I think you will find that the other students simply accept the definitions given because it fits their experience as modern people. You, being a Catholic, will be more critical. Start reading up on the Catholic view of the nature of man and woman from a philosophical viewpoint. Von Hildebrand has a book called MAN AND WOMAN that you mind find interesting.