born out of wedlock
Question from Marybeth on 2/2/2014:

How does the church view children that are born out of wedlock ? I have read that it is still considered an embarrassment today, which is confusing to single mothers because if they find that they are left pregnant the church will consider them banned if they have an abortion and yet if you give birth to and keep your child you are an embarrassment and then so too is the child ? How do the mother and child return to the church ? Is this sin ever forgiven or do we live with our heads down forever ?

Marybeth

I know personally that the Church does not discriminate against a baby born to an unwed mother because all babies are precious and all human beings are created by God in His image and likeness.

The existence of single expectant moms or new moms is not an embarrassment to the Church though clearly the single mom should at some point be educated on why sex outside of marriage is a sin.

Such moms do confess and indeed are welcome in the church. God is after all just and loving.