Christian Unity Week
Question from Andy on 1/21/2013:

Dear Mrs Brown: My parish is observing Christian Unity Week in a big way. I feel uncomfortable with one of the Protestant ministers because of some of the things I know he told a neighbor of mine such as cohabitation is okay as long as the couple loves each other.He will be speaking at our church this week and I feel very uncomfortable attending. Am I wrong in staying away from this observance. Thank you very much.

Dear Andy

You are not wrong to stay away from the service but you are obliged to inform your parish priest about the problem that is keeping you away. If it is a Sunday, then you have to find a different Catholic Church so that you can attend Mass and fulfill your Sunday obligation.