Church bulletin advertising
Question from Anonymous on 10/27/2013:

Should yoga be advertised in a Catholic bulletin? I asked my priest and he said, "Well, you know, it pays for our bulletin."

Anonymous--

While it is not forbidden for Catholics to use yoga postures and breathing techniques for personal exercise, there are problematic aspects to yoga that should be considered by any Catholic contemplating engaging in it. For that reason, I think it is highly imprudent for a parish to advertise for yoga.

And, even if the issue of yoga was entirely benign, your priest's comment was particularly troubling. Selling ad space to a business merely to "pay for the bulletin" is highly problematic. All ads in a church bulletin should be for services that are at least morally neutral, and it should be reasonable to expect that the services offered will not cause undue scandal for the parishioners.

Recommended reading:

The Trouble with Yoga by Michelle Arnold