Gay marriage
Question from Financial Planner on 7/25/2013:

I am a financial planner who works for a large firm with a very specific code of conduct that requires us to accept LGBT lifestyles and gay marriage among co-workers and clients. Additionally, my job requires me to help gay couples do financial planning.

What is the Church's position on me continuing to acknowledge the validity and take action to support and further gay marriage in accordance with the politically correct position my company has taken?

F.P.--

Presumably, your employer does not require you to regularly announce to your company and clients: "I accept LGBT lifestyles and gay marriage among co-workers and clients." Presumably, your private life remains your own and you are not required to socialize outside of work on that private time with anyone you do not wish to socialize with. If so, then you are free to remain silent about your views on same-sex marriage and free to politely decline any and all strictly social invitations you do not wish to accept (such as to the weddings of colleagues and clients). No statement of principle needs to be made; as did St. Thomas More before you, maintain your silence on marriages you cannot support.

As for doing financial planning for same-sex couples, presumably all you are required to do is to do their financial planning. If so, then you may do the work required, interact with them in a professional manner in keeping with how you treat all of your clients, and deflect any and all attempts to engage you in personal conversation that goes any deeper than surface pleasantries. If they ask why you do not want to talk about their personal business, you can say that not discussing personal matters outside of financial concerns enables you to maintain the necessary discretion you offer all your clients.

You may also want to consult with an employment lawyer to find out if there are any other responsibilities or concerns in this area for which you can have a plan in place to implement as the need arises.