Confession
Question from Chantilly on 3/19/2014:

I have been away from the Church for about four years. Last Sunday I decided to go to Mass. I read in the Sunday bulletin that on Wednesdays in every church in my diocese that priests will be hearing confessions. I would love to go but am afraid for my sins are many. I don't know where or how to start. Any suggestions?

Chantilly--

Welcome home! The number-one suggestion I have for you is "Be not afraid!" Priests are used to assisting penitents who have been away from confession for a long time. (Sometimes they have penitents who have been away for decades, and they are able to guide the penitents through the process.) When you enter the confessional, I recommend that you say, "Bless me, Father, for I have sinned. It's been four years since my last confession. Will you please help me to make a good confession?"

For more suggestions, please see the blog post linked below.

Recommended reading:

I Confess by Michelle Arnold