Marriage ceremony
Question from T.R. on 2/5/2013:

I am getting married to a wonderful girl in July. She comes from an established Protestant family. I am Catholic. She would like to get married outside. How can we do this and be married in the eyes of God?

T.R.--

You would need the permission of your bishop, and he is unlikely to give permission to two Christians to be married outside of a church. You may have to explain to your fiancee that your religion places special importance upon the celebration of the sacraments in churches specially set apart for the worship of God. Your fiancee should be willing to respect your religious obligations and willing to sacrifice her desire for an outdoor wedding if it is necessary to do so to accommodate your Catholic faith.