Sickness, illness, and and caregiver
Question from Gilbert T. Trevino on 8/12/2013:

My wife has parkinson's plus other issues. I have a daughter who ha been mentally handicaped since birth. My wife is 69 and daughter is 41. I am the full time caregiver. She was diagnosed in 2005 and I see her dying in front of me every day. It is causing me many fears. I am scared and drinking. I ask the Lord to help me, but I FEEL NO RELIEF.

Dear Mr. Trevino

As you walk through these sorrows that seem overwhelming to you, please know that we are praying with you and for you and your loved ones.

I would also add that you may want to consult with organizations that provide respite care or relief to the main caregiver, which is you, so that you can have some time to gather your own resources and refresh yourself. The Lord be with you.