Female EMHCs
Question from R.M. on 10-08-2015:
I am a 17-year-old female. I am a lector and an active member in my parish and I recently became interested in being an EMHC at church. However, when I expressed this interest to my mom, she had some objections. She recommended that I Google the history behind female ministers. Is it wrong for me to want to be a part of this?
R.M.--

I don't know what your mom's objections are, but she evidently has already allowed you to be a lector, and lectoring is a ministry in the Church that is open to laypeople (male and female) under certain circumstances. If she has no problem with you acting as a lector, then it follows that she should not have a problem with you acting as an EMHC. As with lectors, Catholic laity (male and female) may act as extraordinary ministers of holy Communion under certain circumstances.