Receiving Communion on knees
Question from Sam on 07-13-2015:
I receive the Eucharist directly on the tongue, and while on my knees. However, due to a sports injury, I find it difficult to be on both knees. Is it permissible for me to be on one knee instead of both knees?
Sam--

If you are asking which posture the Church prefers for the reception of Communion, the answer is that the Church ordinarily prefers that you stand to receive Communion:

The norm established for the dioceses of the United States of America is that holy Communion is to be received standing, unless an individual member of the faithful wishes to receive Communion while kneeling (GIRM 160, emphasis added).

So, basically, the normative posture is standing. There is no rubric given outlining whether you should kneel on one knee or two because the Church wants you to stand, but allows you the option to kneel if you choose to do so. That said, common sense should indicate that if you are going to kneel then you should do so in a way that does not cause you difficulty or become a hazard to other people. If you cannot kneel easily on both knees, then do so on your uninjured knee.