Women giving Communion
Question from Miguel on 07-05-2015:
More and more, my family and I have seen that during Communion there are more and more laypeople, mostly women, giving the precious blood and even the host itself. Furthermore, many times it is not even necessary, such as when we've been to Masses where there have been ten people.

Just today we went to Mass and we saw a woman giving the host right in front of the priest, who was also giving Communion. She wasn't even on the other part of the aisle, instead she was almost blocking the way to the priest! Why is this allowed to happen?

Miguel--

It's allowed to happen because these laypeople presumably have been authorized by their pastor to distribute Communion at Mass.