SSPX school
Question from Caroline on 07-01-2014:
My grandchildren attended a Catholic school that now teaches Common Core. I met with the bishop, principal, and school counselor. They have no intention of stopping the Common Core curriculum. We found a school teaching the old Baltimore Catechism, offering the Tridentine Mass, and solid traditional Catholic books. The diocese reports this school is run by the SSPX.

We viewed the school. They have pictures of the popes and pray for the pope. The teachers are rock-solid traditional Catholic. If we only have the kids educated there but we do not take the sacraments from their church are we in error?

Caroline--

Do you really think that your grandchildren can be educated at an SSPX school and not have any of the attitudes of the SSPX toward the Church rub off on them . . . or on you? I'd say you already have a problematic view of the SSPX springing up if you can say that you find them to be "rock-solid" simply because they hang pictures of the popes on the walls and include the reigning pope in their prayers. Not only that, but I don't doubt for a second that your grandchildren will be required to go to Mass at this SSPX school, and perhaps also required to confess and receive Communion there.

As disappointing as it must be for your grandchildren's current school to dismiss your concerns about the curriculum, it is still a far more Catholic environment for your grandchildren than this SSPX school, if only because it is in communion with the local bishop. If your grandchildren's parents don't want the children learning from that curriculum though, I'd recommend looking into homeschooling or into a secular private school before I'd send children to an SSPX school.