Near Occasion of Sin
Question from Adson on 07-11-2017:

I need an orientation for my life and part of my confession.

You see, the deadly sin of my life was always sloth, lack of purpose and so on. And on top of that, I have a computer addiction, but I need to use the computer because I'm taking online classes to enter university. And I always getting distracted with frivolous things.

So, I don't know exactly what I should confess in relation of that, or if I should confess it at all, because if there's no repentance, then confession is invalid, and I have other mortal sins to confess.

Answer by David Gregson on 07-12-2017:

Distraction itself isn't a mortal sin. It depends on what you're distracted by. You say you have other sins to confess, which are mortal. They are what you should confess. The priest's absolution will cover any venial sins as well. As far as your "computer addiction" is concerned, I suggest you appeal to Our Lady Untier of Knots to help you focus on your online classes and avoid anything impure.