EWTN Catholic Q&A
Coming back to the Church
Question from Anonymous on 05-25-2013:

I was baptized as a child and received Communion as well, but I was never confirmed in the Church. I have been away from the Church for a long time and I recently have begun going to Mass again without receiving Communion. What must I do in order to receive Communion again and to be confirmed in the Church?

Answer by Catholic Answers on 06-01-2013:


Assuming there are no irregular conditions in your life you haven't mentioned (such as an irregular marriage), then a good confession should be all that is necessary to do to begin receiving Communion again. As for confirmation, ask your pastor for information about the parish's procedure for preparing Catholic adults for confirmation.

Michelle Arnold
Catholic Answers