Our Lady of Garabandal and the next pope
Question from Marie on 04-17-2005:

Is there any truth to the story that the next pope will have a shout reign before the Anti-Christ becomes pope and takes the name of Peter?

Also, what about the nun who said she has had conversations with Jesus and Mary. She indicated the next pope will be an African cardinal. His reign is supposed to be marked by 'visitors from afar' who come to hear Christ's message in 'ships of light. Is there any truth to any of this? ? ?

Answer by Colin B. Donovan, STL on 04-17-2005:

A visitor told me it wasn't true. His name was Jesus, and He was God, and He said publicly that He would be with the Church until the end of the world.

Its not something, therefore, I am going to worry about, and neither should you.

As for Pope Peter, that is actually the name of a Pope in the list attributed to St. Malachy, probably a forgery, in which Peter II is not an antipope but simply the last Pope. I wouldn't buy that one, either.