Pro-Life Issues
Question from Anonymous on 10/9/2017:

Hello, I was wondering why Catholics believe that sins can be inherited (original sin). Does that mean that hell is the default? I think you should need to actually do something bad to go to hell. Also, why is baptism required for salvation? What about babies who die before baptism? Is baptism possible during pregnancy? Thanks in advance, Anonymous

Dear Anonymous.

You do not understand original sin, which if you read the Biblical book of Genesis teaches that Adam and Eve committed the ORIGINAL sin when they obeyed the serpent and not God. This is why souls are stained with that sin until they are Baptized into the Catholic faith.

Therefore, if you are a baptized Catholic, you have to use your common sense and reason to know that in fact you are committing an act that is a mortal sin In that case if you do not repent of that sin you will go to Hell.

BAPTISM: Please read the Catechism of the Catholic Church on the topic of Baptism and those who who die without it. You can find all you need to know at http://www.scborromeo.org/ccc/p2s2c1a1.htm#1234

Judie