Re: Marriage
Question from Joe M on 8/30/2017:

This is the voice of experience talking. Every Catholic should be strong in the tenants of the faith, and in relationships, should be the determining factor. Plain and simply if there is the slightest hint of compromise of your family responsibilities as a husband and father, do not move forward in the relationship. If there is a chance for eventual common ground on those topics, and you're willing to continue to work toward that, then do that and continue to pray for both discernment and conversion of your friend. I suggest that you do not plan for marriage until you are sure you can carry out your husband and fatherly Catholic duties.

Joe

Thank you! I hope the person who wrote that question last week is still looking at this forum.

Judie