St. Catherine of Siena on homosexuality
Question from Walter on 4/28/2004:

Dear Fr. Echert,

Here is a quote from one of the greatest saints ever regarding homosexuality. St. Catherine relays words of Our Lord, about the vice agaisnt nature, which contaminaed part of the clergy in her time. Referrng to sacred ministers, He said: “They not only fail from resisting this frailty [ of fallen human nature]…but do even worse as they commit the cursed sin agains nature. Like the blind and stupid having dimmed the light of the understanding, they do not recoginze the disease and misery in which they find themselves. For this not only causes Me nausea, but displeases even the demons themselves, whom these miserable creatures have chosen as their lords. For Me, this sin against nature is so abominable that , for it alone, five cities were submersed, by virtue of the jugdment of My Divine Justice, which could no longer bear them…It is disagreable to the demon, not because evil displeases them and they find pleasure in good, but because their nature is angelic and thus is repulsed upon seeing such an enormous sin being commited. It is true that it is the demons who hits the sinner with the poisoned arrow of lust, but when a man carries out such a sinful act, the demons leaves.

St.Catherine of Siena, El diabolo, in Orbas de Santa Catarina de Siena

I recall having heard part of this text--most especially regarding the revulsion of the demons for the perversion of homosexual activity--but can you provide me with a reference in which this text of the Saint is found?

Thanks, Walter