Moses vs Jesus
Question from Charles Amerige on 5/6/2001:

Dear Fr. Stephen Torraco, By the will of God Moses was chosen to be the savior to his people leading the Jews out of Egypt to freedom after four hundred years of subjugation. Many years later when the Jews were dominated by the Romans in a similiar situation, the Jews were looking for a savior, once again to rescue them. This time God gave them Jesus, only Christ wasn't attentive to what they wanted and ignored their plight to preach repentance and eternal salvation. My question is; should God have made Moses do what Jesus did ? Which was the right thing to do? If salvation was important in Christ's time why wasn't it important in Moses time? Yours truly, Charles Amerige CAmerige@aol.com

Charles:

Your question was forwarded to me. Truthfully, I am not certain what you are asking when you write, "should God have made Moses do what Jesus did?" Jesus has rescued us, from the slavery of sin and from spiritual death, for all who believe and are baptized into the Lord. So Moses, as a limited mediator, foreshadowed what Jesus Christ the perfect Mediator was able to fully accomplish.