Annunciation prior to Nativity
Question from Steve on 8/7/2018:

Viewing things from a pro-life perspective, why is the nativity celebrated as Christ coming into the world when he was already here on earth with us in a physical presence since the annunciation? Shouldn't there be more emphasis on the annunciation than on the nativity since that is when Christ first came into the world with us? Am I overrating the significance of the annunciation over the nativity? The way I see it, birth is a transition which is of course significant, but less significant than the beginning (or in Jesus's case, arrival) of that which is being transitioned.

Steve

I think that when the feast days were arranged, the actual progress of the humanity of the preborn Christ was not a concern for after all, if you recall. shortly after the Angel revealed to Mary that she had been chosen by God to be the mother of His Son, she travelled to visit her cousin Elizabeth whose pregnancy was six months along. From her womb JOHN leapt for joy when Mary approached carrying Christ within her.

Judie