Spanish-English Coordinator, Religious Catalogue
LOCATION OF JOB:
Under the direction of the General Manager, the Spanish-English Coordinator is responsible for the translation work of various documents and activities into Spanish or English; serving as a Spanish/English translator, and as a resource to other employees requiring assistance with non-English speaking persons.
Researches, writes and/or revises Spanish or English descriptions for products in the Religious Catalogue database to be represented on the Spanish or English retail site, being mindful of grammatical and theological accuracy, consistency and readability.
Verifies translations made by others for the purpose of reviewing and editing materials for accuracy, context, readability, grammar and style.
3. Assist in RC customer service calls and emails by placing customers' orders or processing returns, including both Spanish and English as required.
Assist in the daily maintenance of EWTN Religious Catalogue's social media and commerce outlets (i.e. Spanish retail site, email blasts, Facebook, Twitter).
Prepares various documents for the purpose of providing/translating materials in Spanish and/or English.
6. Translates verbatim and idiomatic materials and conversations for the purpose of ensuring accuracy of information conveyed in both Spanish and English.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
- A deep knowledge and understanding of the Catholic faith
- College degree preferable and 1-2 years related experience
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft-Office, Excel), data-entry skills, and verbal and written communications skills in English and Spanish
- Possess a high degree of problem-solving capabilities, good listening skills and the ability to follow directions.
NOTE: The above is a brief summary of the job description. Additional information will be provided if an offer to interview is extended.
|Résumés can be e-mailed to:
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE