Papal trip to Holy Land: 21-26 March 2000
Ecumenical Assembly: In his encyclical Tertio Millennio Adveniente, Pope John
Paul called for an assembly of all Christians, to take place during the Jubilee year in
the land where Jesus lived. That event has not yet been scheduled.
18 -25 January. Week of Prayer for Christian Unity
- During the course of this week there will be ecumenical
celebrations in the basilicas and churches of Rome, at
which representatives of Christian communions will
preside. Only the major ones are listed here.
- *Basilica of St. Paul's Outside-the-Walls: Opening of the Holy Door and Ecumenical celebration of Vespers.
25 January. Feast of the Conversion of St. Paul.
- Basilica of St. Paul's Outside-the-Walls: an Ecumenical celebration for the conclusion of the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity
7 May. The 3rd Sunday of Easter.
Commemoration of the Witnesses of Faith of the 20th Century
- *Coliseum: Ecumenical Celebration
11 June. Solemnity of Pentecost.
Day of Reflection and Prayer on the duties of Catholics toward
others. Proclamation of Christ, testimonies and dialogue
- *St. Peter's Basilica: Holy Mass
5 August. Vigil of the Feast of the Transfiguration
- * Basilica of St. Mary
Prayer vigil in Response to the Appeal of Patriarch Bartholomew I of
Day for Jewish-Christian dialogue
Assisi - an ecumenical event to take place at a date to be