A spiritual bouquet
is simply a list of prayers the giver has offered or will offer for
the recipient. Write your spiritual bouquet on a purchased or
homemade card for the special occasion, or make a card with a
spiritual bouquet theme. You can even refer to the prayers as
representative flowers, or make an accompanying tissue paper flower
- Card stock or construction
- Markers, pencil, and/or pen
- Glue stick
- Calendar picture, recycled
card picture, or holy card
1. Fold card.
2. Glue on or draw a picture.
3. Write "A Spiritual Bouquet."
4. Inside, write your prayers offered and your message.
To make a rose to give with a
- Red (or other color) tissue
- 1 green chenille stem
1. Cut 7 squares of
tissue paper (3-1/4").
2. Round top corners.
3. Curl sides of one toward center and gather bottom.
4. Add another, covering side edge of first and gathering new
(The new petal's bottom edge should be a bit above the first piece,
the center, so that the center is firm when the rose is complete.)
5. Continue adding petals opposite each other, covering side
edges of previous one and gathering new one.
6. When finished, twist bottom.
7. Tightly wrap the green chenille stem around the bottom.
Special thanks to Mrs. Barbara Schumacher